The study is supported by data collected from multiple earlier pre-clinical studies which demonstrated significant improvement in behavioral and cognitive outcomes based on evaluations of memory, learning, and social interaction.
Metadoxine, or Pyridoxol L-2-pyrrolidone-5-carboxylate, whose structure formula is reported hereinbelow
|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|L-Proline, 5-oxo-, compd. with 5-hydroxy-6-methylpyridine-3,4-dimethanol (1:1)|
|Legal status||PHASE 2|
|Mol. mass||298 g/mol|
Treatment for acute alcohol abuse
Treatment for AD/HD-PI
Treatment for liver disease
Treatment for Fragile X Syndrome
|WO2010150261A1*||June 24, 2010||Dec 29, 2010||Alcobra Ltd.||A method for the treatment, alleviation of symptoms of, relieving, improving and preventing a cognitive disease, disorder or condition|
|WO2011061743A1*||Nov 18, 2010||May 26, 2011||Alcobra Ltd.||Metadoxine and derivatives thereof for use in the treatment of inflammation and immune-related disorders|
|US8476304||Jul 3, 2012||Jul 2, 2013||Alcobra Ltd.||Method for decreasing symptoms of alcohol consumption|
|US8710067||Jul 3, 2012||Apr 29, 2014||Alcobra Ltd.||Method for the treatment, alleviation of symptoms of, relieving, improving and preventing a cognitive disease, disorder or condition|
|WO2008066353A1*||Nov 30, 2007||June 5, 2008||Jae Hoon Choi||Pharmaceutical composition comprising metadoxine and garlic oil for preventing and treating alcohol-induced fatty liver and steatohepatitis|
|WO2009004629A2*||Jul 3, 2008||Jan 8, 2009||Alcobra Ltd||A method for decreasing symptoms of alcohol consumption|
|FR2172906A1 *||Title not available|
|US4313952 *||Dec 8, 1980||Feb 2, 1982||Maximum Baldacci||Method of treating acute alcoholic intoxication with pyridoxine P.C.A.|
- Addolorato, G; Ancona C, Capristo E, Gasbarrini G (2003). "Metadoxine in the treatment of acute and chronic alcoholism: a review". International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology.
- Martinez, Diaz; Villamil Salcedo; Cruz Fuentes (2001). "Efficacy of Metadoxine in the Management of Acute Alcohol Intoxication". Journal of International Medical Research.
- "Metadoxine extended release (MDX) for adult ADHD" (in English). Alcobra Ltd. 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- Shpilenya, Leonid S.; Alexander P. Muzychenko; Giovanni Gasbarrini; Giovanni Addolorato (2002). "Metadoxine in Acute Alcohol Intoxication: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study". Alcoholism:Clinical and Experimental Research.
- Shull, Kenneth H.; Robert Kisilevsky (1996). "Effects of
- Metadoxine on cellular status of glutathione and on enzymetric defence system following acute ethanol intoxication in rats". Drugs Exp Clin Res.
- "Metadoxine - Drugs.com" (in English). Drugs.com. 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-08.
- Yang, YM; HE Kim; SH Ki; SG Kim (2009). "Metadoxine, an ion-pair of pyridoxine and L-2-pyrrolidone-5-carboxylate, blocks adipocyte differentiation in association with inhibition of the PKA-CREB pathway.". Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics.
- Calabrese, V; A Calderone; N Ragusa; V Rizza (1971). "Effects of l-2-pyrrolidone-5-carboxylate on hepatic adenosine triphosphate levels in the ethionine-treated rat". Biochemical Pharmacology.