871038-72-1 (monopotassium salt)IUPAC Name:- N-(2-(4-(4-fluorobenzylcarbamoyl)-5-hydroxy-1-methyl-6-oxo-1,6-dihydropyrimidin-2-yl)propan-2-yl)
- Savarino A (December 2006). "A historical sketch of the discovery and development of HIV-1 integrase inhibitors". Expert Opin Investig Drugs 15 (12): 1507–22. doi:10.1517/13543718.104.22.1687.PMID 17107277.
- "FDA approval of Isentress (raltegravir)". U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). June 25, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-15.
- "Isentress Drug Approval Package". U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). February 22, 2008. Retrieved 2009-11-15.
- HIV Antiretroviral Agents in Development
- "UPDATE 2-FDA OKs widened use of Merck's Isentress HIV drug". Reuters. 2009-07-10.
- Markowitz M, Nguyen BY, Gotuzzo E, et al. (2007). "Rapid and durable antiretroviral effect of the HIV-1 Integrase inhibitor raltegravir as part of combination therapy in treatment-naive patients with HIV-1 infection: results of a 48-week controlled study". J. Acquir. Immune Defic. Syndr. 46 (2): 125–33. doi:10.1097/QAI.0b013e318157131c. PMID 17721395.
- Stephenson J (2007). "Researchers buoyed by novel HIV drugs: will expand drug arsenal against resistant virus". JAMA 297 (14): 1535–6. doi:10.1001/jama.297.14.1535. PMID 17426263.
- Faster Viral Decay With Raltegravir
- ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00554398 Impact of MK-0518 (Raltegravir) Intensification on HIV-1 Viral Latency in Patients With Previous Complete Viral Suppression
- Steigbigel RT, Cooper DA, Kumar PN, et al. (July 2008). "Raltegravir with optimized background therapy for resistant HIV-1 infection". N. Engl. J. Med. 359 (4): 339–54.doi:10.1056/NEJMoa0708975. PMID 18650512.
- Drug against AIDS could be effective against herpesvirus
- Raltegravir (Isentress) Pilot Study in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis (INSPIRE)
- Croxtall JD, Keam SJ. (2009). "Raltegravir". Drugs 69 (8): 1059–75. doi:10.2165/00003495-200969080-00007. PMID 19496631.
- Belyk, K. M.; Morrison, H. G.; Jones, P.; Summa, V.; 2007, WO 2006060730
- Manufacturer's website
- MK-0518 at Aidsmedscom[dead link]
- Integrase Inhibitor Raltegravir (MK-0518) Doubles HIV Suppression in Treatment-Experienced Patients (aidsmap 28 February 2007)
- RMK-0518 Abstract from CROI 2007
- Interim Results From Phase II Study Of MK-0518
- World patent covering the potassium salt
- Raltegravir Pharmacokinetics
i. Benzylchloroformate, N,N-diisopropylethylamine, Methyl tert-butyl ether, 20 – 25 °C, 16 h, ii. Hydroxyl amine, Water, 60 °C, 3 h, iii. Dimethyl acetylenedicarboxylate, methanol, Room temperature 2 h then Xylene 90 °C, 2 h, iv. Magnesium methoxide, dimethyl sulfoxide, Methyl iodide, 20 - 25 °C, 2 h, v. 4-fluorobenzyl amine, ethanol, 72 °C, 2 h, vi. 5% Pd/C, methanol, Molybdate sulfuric acid, Hydrogen gas, 50 °C, 3 h, vii. 5-methyl-1,3,4-oxadiazole-2-carbonylchloride, N-methylmorpholine, Tetrahydrofuran, 0 – 5 °C, 2 h
|preparation of Raltegravir is described in US patent 2006122205A1 and also in WO2006060730. Accordingly, 2-amino-2-methyl-propanenitrile 1 was reacted with benzylchloroformate in presence of N,N-diisopropylethylamine using methyl tert-butyl ether as solvent at ambient temperature to give benzyl N-(1-cyano-1-methyl-ethyl)carbamate 2. Treatment of 2 with hydroxyl amine using water as solvent at elevated temperature give benzyl N-[(2Z)-2-amino-2-hydroxyimino-1,1-dimethyl-ethyl]carbamate 3. The compound 3 was further cyclized with dimethyl acetylenedicarboxylate using methanol as solvent at higher temperature to give methyl 2-(1-benzyloxycarbonylamino-1-methyl-ethyl)-5-hydroxy-6-oxo-1H-pyrimidine-4-carboxylate 4. Compound 4 was then methylated with methyl iodide in presence of magnesium methoxide as base and dimethyl sulfoxide as solvent at ambient temperature to give methyl 2-(1-benzyloxycarbonylamino-1-methyl-ethyl)-5-hydroxy-1-methyl-6-oxo-pyrimidine-4-carboxylate 5. Compound 5 on condensing with 4-fluorobenzyl amine using ethanol as solvent result in to benzyl N-[1-[4-[(4-fluorophenyl)methylcarbamoyl]-5-hydroxy-1-methyl-6-oxo-pyrimidin-2-yl]-1-methyl-ethyl]carbamate 6, which underwent benzyloxy-decarboxylation on hydrogenating with hydrogen gas in presence of 5% Palladium on carbon catalyst and molybdate sulfuric acid using methanol as solvent to give 2-(1-amino-1-methyl-ethyl)-N-[(4-fluorophenyl)methyl]-5-hydroxy-1-methyl-6-oxo-pyrimidine-4-carboxamide 7. The final step involves condensation of 7 with 5-methyl-1,3,4-oxadiazole-2-carbonylchloride in presence of N-methylmorpholine as base using tetrahydrofuran as solvent at slightly lower temperature to afford N-[1-[4-[(4-fluorophenyl)methylcarbamoyl]-5-hydroxy-1-methyl-6-oxo-pyrimidin-2-yl]-1-methyl-ethyl]-5-methyl-1,3,4-oxadiazole-2-carboxamide also called Raltegravir 8.|